I hope everyone had a good New Year Day!
I don't really have any New Year's resolutions or anything, but I do need to write or draw more things this year. I'm getting really out of practice. :T
I ended up spending quite a bit of money on the Steam Christmas sale, but the game I'm looking forward to playing is Darksiders
. It looks pretty fun, it's another one of those games that uses Biblical characters and whatever. I hope it plays well enough on my laptop.
The one game that took me by surprise this sale was The Binding of Isaac
. I've played Super Meat Boy
and didn't like it so much, probably because it's ridiculously challenging. But Isaac is a lot more fun to play, even though it's still stupidly difficult. I just like experimenting with all the pills and stuff.
I also finally got LIMBO
. That game is super atmospheric, wow. Kinda freaky, too. (THE SPIDER. THE BRAIN BUGS.) The design style just adds to the whole thing. Love it.
My goal is to finish these games, damn it. I need to stop starting games and leaving them hanging. I'm pretty sure the last game I finished was El Shaddai
. 8|aCrossposted at: http://trickster.dreamwidth.org/36066.html.
- Tags:a slacker is a slacker, goddamnit self, holidays, it's four in the morning, my wallet hates me, self restraint, self torture, valve enjoys my money, valve: om nom nom, video games, why am i even awake?
- Music:"true fuschnick" fu-schnickens
Hello, all! I am just shooting a reminder that I'm trickster
over at Dreamwidth. All my entries imported over there just fine, so now you can't even tell I haven't used it in a year! Aha.
I didn't import over comments, though. I think comments come over as OpenIDs and I wasn't sure if it was kosher for me to do that without anyone else's permission. So, commentless entries. But entries nonetheless!
And now for something completely different.Crossposted at: http://trickster.dreamwidth.org/34997.html.
First, today I had another Batman related dream. About two weeks ago I had one where I was Robin, soaring through the air and taking down badguys. It was a super exhilarating experience. Usually, when I'm dreaming of falling, I end up waking up in fear. Nope, not this time. When I fell, I just used a grapple gun that could hook onto the edge of a building and zip me back up. When I was held captive by thugs, I just broke free and snuck my way out to go meet up with Batgirl. (So we could both help Batman later.) It was an awesome dream, and I woke up with so much confidence in myself it was ridiculous. PROBLEM? DOESN'T MATTER, I'M A ROBIN.
I did wonder which Robin I was when I woke up. I think it was more Tim Drake than Dick Grayson. Nowadays I primarily associate Dick as Nightwing anyway. /nerd
So today I had another dream like that. The only real downside to these dreams is feeling incredibly tired when waking up. It's like I didn't sleep at all because I was too busy fighting crime. Seriously, it's the most exhausting thing.
Second, I took my first mock LSAT exam today. 3 1/2 hours of reading and testing and internally sobbing. I was more tired this morning because of the dream, and I accidentally skipped an entire page of questions. That was a major error.
Still, I got a 150. My internship supervisor says it's a great start, because that's the average score for someone trying to get into law school. She was happy about it, so of course I'm walking on air right now, lol. It just feels so funny. I've never felt that I was very good at school, so it's kind of weird to feel like I'm heading down the right direction with this whole law thing. I'm excited.
- Tags:batmaaaaan!, everything's fine; there's no problem, keysmashing here, self motivation, self pain, self torture, self weeping, take that!, the lawyer shuffle, yes!, ヽ( ´¬`)ノ ﾜ〜ｲ
- Location:da na na na na na na
Sephiroth vs. Cloud
- Tags:dissidia madness, falcon punch!, final fantasy, just beautiful, lol cloud, lol sephiroth, show me your moves!, stop pretending you're sad, take that!, video games, videos, youtube addict
- Tags:a slacker is a slacker, ace attorney, falcon punch!, just beautiful, keysmashing here, lolol, moar tags!, music, no objections your honor!, show me your moves!, take that!, the lawyer shuffle, videos, when did i sell my soul?, yes!, youtube addict
Meanwhile, it's nice to chill out at work and listen to Chrono Cross music. I've always liked the soundtrack, but I'm appreciating it much more now. I wonder if that's because of nostalgia or something?
Finally got a big project and a presentation done. It's so conflicting to have a kind-hearted professor who is just a mess when it comes to teaching. She's a good person! Just. Maybe needs to time manage a little better. And communicate with us. And return papers, please. We'd love to have returned papers. It's not cool to get a weird score and not know why.
Doodled SS!Zelda everywhere on my notes the other day. Her character design is so cute, sob. /)_(\
Okay, back to work.
... ... .....so I just downloaded Hatoful Boyfriend
Yes, the pigeon dating game
. If it makes it any better, they do have human portraits
. We just. Get to see the pigeons only. At all times. ...apparently they have nice voices though?
...am I really going to put off getting homework done just to satisfy my curiosity over pigeon boyfriends? Yes. Yes, I am. Don't judge me.Download the game here.
English patch is over here.
- Tags:goddamnit self, hatoful boyfriend, help me nahman jayden, ignore this post, it's four in the morning, keysmashing here, lolol, self pain, self procrastination, self restraint, self torture, self weeping, so cute it's criminal, sobbing so much, thaaaaat's me!, the devil is crying, video games, why would you even, whyyyyyy, wktk, you sure that's enough armor?